Are you Pregnant with your First Baby?
What is Nurse-Family Partnership?
Nurse-Family Partnership is free for women who are pregnant with their first baby. When you enroll you will be connected to a registered Public Health Nurse who will provide the support, advice and information you need to have a healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby, and to be a great mom!
How Much Does it Cost?
Nurse-Family Partnership is free for eligible women. A woman is eligible if she is:
- Young and pregnant with her first child
- Pregnant 28 weeks or less
- Experiencing social or economic disadvantage
What Does it Mean to be Involved?
Nurse-Family Partnership provides expectant mothers with a relationship they can count on. Through the program a committed and compassionate Public Health Nurse will make regular home visits over 30 months, from before birth until your baby is two years old.
Your Nurse will support you to:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become the best mom you can be
- Learn and practice things that make you more confident as a mom - like breastfeeding, nutrition, child development, safe-sleep techniques and much more!
- Get referrals for healthcare, childcare, job training and other support services available in your community
- Continue your education, develop job skills or follow your dreams for the future
Can Partners Participate?
Your partner, family members and friends are welcome to participate in the program but, as the mom, you are the main focus!
Where can I find more information or be referred?
If you live in British Columbia, please visit
for more information.
If you live in Ontario, in an area serviced by one of the health units listed below, please contact them directly.